To Rise from the Ashes
In no particular order…
- First, we’re all 80s metal and rock fans – hence the familiar faces of music from that era you’ll see in the Characters section.. I have chosen them deliberately to convey a certain personality, mode of speech, and overall bearing.
- Hobgoblins look like ST: Next Generation Klingons. I figured since they have a great warrior heritage and are pretty martial, I might as well have them look like I was always describing their behavior.
- We’ve got a long-term plan for some kind of rebirth of Cyre, or at least some kind of answer to or for the Day of Mourning.
- Eberron canon, as presented in the WOTC hardbacks from a few years ago, is all in full-effect, aside from some adjustments to the standard timeline. Instead of starting our game 2 years after the end of the the war, we’re about 18 months after the treaty was signed. That’ll give us time to accomplish some things on behalf of New Cyre so as to make the party of characters a central part of that history.
- I’m avoiding direct participation of the Dragonmarked houses and Dragonmarks, especially, because I’ve not thought through the mechanics of the things for 5e; and also because we played a few D-Mark focused campaigns in 3.5 and Pathfinder years ago. One of them is here.